Luke is committed to achieving justice for vulnerable persons. He focuses his practice on helping those who have been injured physically or financially, whether it be by intentional wrongs, invidious discrimination, or the negligence of others.
Luke is an accomplished trial lawyer. He is at home in the courtroom and thrives on the challenge of litigating complex cases. Before joining SGB, Luke worked as a public defender with the King County Department of Public Defense, where he tried dozens of cases to verdict and earned a reputation for both creativity and diligence. He has taught evidence and trial advocacy to other attorneys.
Lucas is also a contributing editor on the product liability blog.
In law school, Luke worked as an editor for the Journal of Law and Inequality, represented low-income individuals in disputes with their employers, helped a Guatemalan torture victim seek asylum in the United States, and researched school and housing segregation for the Institute on Race and Poverty. After law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Joan N. Ericksen in the federal district court of Minnesota and to Justices Alan Page, Helen Meyer, and Sam Hanson in the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Washington State, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2015
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2006
- Leonard E. Lindquist Scholarship
- Journal of Law Inequality, Staff 2004-05, Note and Comment Editor 2005-06
- Dean’s List; Book Award in Business Associations and Corporations
- Executive Board of Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Student Chapter
- Math and Economics Research Fellowship, Research Fellow Summer 2000
- Yale University, B.A. Economics, with distinction, 2002
Professional and Civic Involvement
- After Jasper; Real Life Applications of the Right to Confrontation, April 2012
- Washington Impaired Driving Legislative Work Group, 2011-12
Lucas is exemplary bringing so much to the table. As my defense attorney, he was able to serve justice and get the case dismissed. Years later goes completely out of his way providing me with legal information I requested. A real attribute to anyone who uses his services.