Colin is a dogged litigator who represents individuals who have suffered wrongful death or serious personal injury due to exposure to industrial toxins. At SGB, Colin’s practice concentrates on representing individuals and their families who have been injured as a result of asbestos exposure. With Colin’s representation and tenacity, asbestos victims have been able to seek accountability from the entities that contributed to their illnesses. He relishes the challenge of litigating complex cases and can frequently be found buried in piles of documents secured from various archives and libraries working up the factual underpinnings necessary to try these matters. In addition to his litigation practice, Colin has become exceptionally familiar with the nuances of asbestos bankruptcy trusts and has personally handled dozens of confidential arbitrations and mediations relating to several disputed issues.
Colin lives in Columbia City with his talented partner and their two children. When he is not practicing law, he can be found running around South Seattle at rather absurd times in the morning, hooked up to an apheresis machine, or in his kitchen, trying to convince his children that vegetables are, in fact, edible.
Bar Admissions & Education
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- University of Illinois College of Law, Magna Cum Laude
- Reed College, B. A.
Civic & Professional
- Washington State Association for Justice, EAGLE member
- American Association for Justice
- King County Bar Association
- Member, KCBA judiciary & Litigation Committee
- Member, KCBA Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Selected to Washington Rising Stars by Super Lawyers® (2021)