Alisa represents victims of plane crashes. Her successes advocating on behalf of victims spans over twenty years. She is currently representing victims of the Boeing 737 Max crash, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302. In addition to representing ground victims, she represents families from helicopter, single engine, and commercial and charter airplane crashes.
An expert in aviation law, Alisa is often called upon by the community and her peers. She has unique experience in the field of aviation, having studied Air and Space Law at Leiden University in the Netherlands. Her cases are continually profiled by CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, The Today Show, Le Monde, The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC.com, CNN.com, NBC News L.A., and Macleans Magazine.
$40 Million Global Settlement at trial with co-counsel in Seattle 2014 KOMO Helicopter Crash case (shared between two parties).
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Concordia University, B.A., 1998
- Washington State
- United States District Court Western District of Washington
- Alaska, California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Minnesota, and Arizona - pro hac vice
- Top 25 Product Liability Trial Attorney, State of Washington (2020)
- Super Lawyer Washington Law & Politics (2016-2020)
- Editor in Chief for the Washington State Association of Justice Product Liability Deskbook (2014)
- Former Chair of the Products Liability Section for the Washington State Association for Justice (2011-2014)
- Speaker at the Washington State Bar Association Best of CLE- Encore of Excellence (2010)
- Former Chair of the Aviation Section for the American Association of Justice (2009-2010)
- Former Newsletter Editor for the Aviation Section of the National Trial Lawyers Association (2007)
- President of King County Washington Women Lawyers (2007)
- Founding board member of MAMAS, the Mother Attorney Mentoring Association of Washington (2006)
- Former Chair of the Aviation Section of the King County Bar Association (2005)
Alisa is an excellent lawyer who has a brilliant team behind her. Through their hard work and expert knowledge of the aviation law our case was settled. As overseas clients we were kept informed and updated regularly. We are pleased and feel obliged that Alisa represented us.