Amtrak Derailment - Interview with KIRO 7
Here is SGB’s Sims Weymuller interview with Kiro 7 News about the recent Amtrak train accident in DuPont, WA.
Our team of transportation lawyers is looking into claims for those injured in the train crash.
There are many factors that can cause a train to run off the tracks. Some of the most serious types of train accidents, and the most common causes of a train derailment include:
- Aging infrastructure (including train tracks and tunnels);
- Operator error and/or fatigue;
- Poor train maintenance;
- Defect in railroad tracks;
- Defective train parts;
- Excessive speed;
- Defective railroad crossings;
- Poor operating practices;
- Alcohol or illegal drug use;
- Defective fuel tank;
- Hazardous chemicals or waste materials;
- Inadequate signal interchanges; and
- Inconsistent train track or rail inspections.
If you or someone you love has suffered in a train derailment accident, SGB is here to help. Let us help you. There is no charge for us to review your potential claim. If we take your case, we do so on a contingency basis, meaning that you don’t pay our fees unless we successfully resolve the claim in your favor.