Jamal is a determined and resourceful trial attorney committed to fighting for the rights of everyday people. He regularly represents victims of workplace discrimination, retaliation, and other unlawful employment practices in individual and class actions. His practice also focuses on serious personal-injury litigation.
Jamal learned how to fight for justice – hard and with honor, whether arguing before the court or negotiating with adversaries – through years of public service as a federal trial attorney with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and later as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) for the Western District of Washington.
A leader in the legal community, Jamal has served on the Executive Board of the Federal Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association’s (WSBA) Labor & Employment Law Section. He is also a past president of the Loren Miller Bar Association, which is the state’s largest and oldest minority bar.
Raised in the Seattle area, Jamal earned his B.A. in political science from the University of Washington and his J.D. from Seattle University School of Law.
- $2,000,000 and counting in class action settlements for workers denied the lawful minimum wage in SeaTac, Washington (2016-2019).
- $1,500,000 class action settlement on behalf of delivery truck drivers misclassified as overtime exempt (2019).
- $1,000,000 class action settlement on behalf of warehouse workers misclassified as overtime exempt (2019).
- Confidential settlement in a race discrimination and retaliation lawsuit on behalf of a surgeon against a local hospital (2019).
- $4,900,000 verdict against Mercedes Benz of Seattle in disability discrimination jury trial (2018).
- $335,000 judgment against the Boys & Girls Club in race discrimination and retaliation lawsuit (2018).
- Confidential settlement in pregnancy discrimination lawsuit against a large technology company (2018).
- $300,000 settlement on behalf of civilian military employee in sexual harassment lawsuit against the U.S. Army (2018).
- Confidential settlement on behalf of family arrested for “shopping while black” inside large local retailer (2017).
DISCLAIMER: This is the fine print, but our fine print is regular size and in clear language. These client quotes and settlement/verdict figures are examples of the results we have obtained for others. Their cases were different from yours, so your result is sure to be different.We post these results for you to see that we have a track record of hard work, client service, and trial success. We won’t guarantee the results of your case, but we will guarantee to bring the same passion, skill, and experience when we fight for you.
Bar Admissions & Education
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A.
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Civic & Professional Activities
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington, Trustee
- WSBA Labor & Employment Section, Executive Committee (elected position)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Depositions Skills Training Faculty
- Loren Miller Bar Association (President 2014-2015)
- Pacific Coast Labor & Employment Law Conference, Planning Committee Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Selected to Washington Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers® (2019-2022)